Maintenance for both these realms has been completed, however at the moment Black Drogonflight is still be reported as down.
We have informed Blizzard about this issue, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.
A new entry has been added to the FAQ page for WoW Realms
**My realms is down, but WoW Realms still tells me it is up. Why?**
The data that Blizzard is providing for the status of realms is always a couple of minutes behind (sometimes up to 5 minutes or more) the actual state of the physical realms you play on.
You can see the same type of delay on the Realms Status pages (US, EU, TW, KR and CN) that Blizzard are hosting themselves.
We have just submitted version 1.8 of WoW Realms to Apple for review. The following changes have been implemented within this version
• Support for 12/24 hour time format for PvP Zone information
• Improved overall stability
Changes for Server Alerts
• Badge icon only displayed if there is information not older than three days
• Last modified date/time is being displayed
• Changed order of regions (same as within the rest of the app)
• Information now refreshes properly when it is active
We have just submitted version 1.6 of WoW Realms to Apple for review. The following changes have been implemented within this version
- Slightly changed the application icon
- Double tap on a realm refreshes information for the tapped realm only. Handy for PvP zone info
- Improved download performance of realm data
- Fixed crash when tapping on Quiet Period instead of the switch
- Badge counts were sometimes incorrect
- Favorite tab would sometimes display realms not marked as favorite
- Download from Chinese realm data would often result in 'Invalid certificate'-error message
The last bug fix should get rid of the following pesky warning messages
- Added PVP Zone information for both Wintergrasp and Tol Barad (Controlling faction, time to next battle)
- Optimized refresh process
It usually takes Apple about 5-7 days (based on past experience) to get the app reviewed (mainly waiting to get picked up), so hopefully by the end of next week it should be available within the App Store.
For every realm you will be able to see;
- Current faction holding either Wintergrasp or Tol Barad and when the next one is scheduled (Next at ~xx:xx)
- If a battle is in progress (In progress...)
- If you can start queueing for a battle (Populating...)
- or the battle has just finished (Concluded)
We are still testing this new version of WoW Realms but are confident we will be able to submit it to Apple for review somewhere next week.
- Increased timeout for fetching realm information
- Overhauled UI
- Updated JSONKit to latest version
- Minor performance improvements
- Resolved memory leaks related to server alerts
- Improved stability during refresh of realm information
Here are a couple of impressions of the updated UI, we hope you like it as much as we do
- Minimum iOS version is now 4.0
- Added support for crash reports
- Improved keeping favorites in-sync with push notification process
- Minor performance improvements
- Improved overall stability
- When section of realms was collapsed dragging the table to refresh data was not always possible
- Rare case where quiet period settings were not being initialized correctly
The following is a list of all of the changes for version 1.2
- Support for both portrait and landscape mode
- Improved presentation of server alert page for Taiwan
- Added in-appp news page
- Other minor UI changes
- Push notifications were not always being sent out
- Download continues when switching app to the background
- Added switch to make turning Quiet Period on/off easier
- Fixed issue with badge option for push notifications
Within the new version the settings for Quiet Period will look like this. You can now quickly turning the Quiet Period on or off using a switch, no need anymore to tinker with the Start Time and End Time.
With this version push notifications are again enabled.
The rest of WoW Realms functionality is working as it should.
We have downloaded the latest versions of our profiles from Apple and used those to build an updated version (1.0.1) of has been again submitted to Apple for review.
We are hoping that we did everything correct this time around.
And the verdict of the review process….
WoW Realms has been approved!!!
So today we have taken some additional to time review our code on the server side for WoW Realms, did the necessary maintenance on our server, so everything should be ready for use when WoW Realms is available for purchase within the App Store.
We have set the release date for WoW Realms to coming Saturday 17th of September.
Hopefully we have followed all the rules and the review should go smoothly. If not we will work harder to fix the issues raised by Apple and re-submit.